RC64III OTW

gwallers

What I would do next is, do you have anything, another stereo just to eliminate the 7s being the problem?

Next, can try something different like, an explanation of what you are defining as bi-wiring.

Another is your manual.

Had written a couple more things but, you appear happy that your speaker wiring is correct.

2 hours ago, billybob said:

What I would do next is, do you have anything, another stereo just to eliminate the 7s being the problem?

Next, can try something different like, an explanation of what you are defining as bi-wiring.

Another is your manual.

Had written a couple more things but, you appear happy that your speaker wiring is correct.

I'm sorry I worded that incorrectly.  I was referring to the Bi-Wire Jumpers.  They are in tact and installed correctly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwallers said:

I'm sorry I worded that incorrectly.  I was referring to the Bi-Wire Jumpers.  They are in tact and installed correctly.

Meanwhile, have been looking at the unit. Over 200 pages in the manual, which I did not download.

Guess first you did was to do the latest firmware download?

Saw the stereo mode extended.

Thinking since the case you came out of AVR mains into the emotiva with RCA for each side.

Then to 7s?

Another is, latest firmware update important.

Another is, go to manual troubleshooting and then the complete section on this stereo mode.

10 minutes ago, billybob said:

Meanwhile, have been looking at the unit. Over 200 pages in the manual, which I did not download.

Guess first you did was to do the latest firmware download?

Saw the stereo mode extended.

Thinking since the case you came out of AVR mains into the emotiva with RCA for each side.

Then to 7s?

Another is, latest firmware update important.

Another is, go to manual troubleshooting and then the complete section on this stereo mode.

Yes, all complete.  I'm very technical person.  Know that system in and out.  I honestly think its placement.  It was same way with old Onkyo receiver.  I get bass while standing in the corners.  <-This is exact reason I feel like its total room acoustical issue.   Just man what a pain re-doing the whole room.  But in the end may be rewarding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

What would you say about room if you hooked up any unit other than the Pioneer and got bass?

Alright... good fortune and no offense intended.

I would be more than happy, but I already have been thru Onkyo <-- what my 7s were originally hooked up to and same result.  I can stand in the four corners of the room and it sounds correct.  Anywhere other than four corners and you get a little thud instead of nice sounding bass.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 1:20 PM, gwallers said:

Dirac Sets them to Large with Crossover at 100hz, but even changing all this afterwards have little bass unless I unload the SVS.  I can turn on stereo with double bass turned off and its like i have little small speakers sitting up front.  I haven't understood it since the day I got them. 

I have RF-7 1's surround sound system mated with an SVS PB12+2 sub and my RF-7's are not lacking in the bass. 

What concerns me is that you have your crossover set at 100Hz, I believe that mine is set to 50Hz.  You may want to adjust that and redue the calibration to see if that solves your RF-7 bass issue.

13 hours ago, Southern said:

I have RF-7 1's surround sound system mated with an SVS PB12+2 sub and my RF-7's are not lacking in the bass. 

What concerns me is that you have your crossover set at 100Hz, I believe that mine is set to 50Hz.  You may want to adjust that and redue the calibration to see if that solves your RF-7 bass issue.

If I run at Full(large) does the crossover still come into play?  On the pioneer you only have one crossover.   It won't do individual speakers.    So 50 is low for my others in the group.   But yes when running stereo I could do this.   I want to also bring into play.   I can go stand in certain spots in my room and they will blow you away with bass.   So I'm gonna chalk it to listening position and do what many have stated.   Just re-arrange my room at some point.    Finally got the RC64III yesterday and I don't regret it one bit.   Makes the soundstage sound so much better for me.  Wish I would have bought it years ago.    Thanks for all who commented on this thread.    I appreciate the warm welcome.   Love a good forum.    

9 hours ago, gwallers said:

If I run at Full(large) does the crossover still come into play?  On the pioneer you only have one crossover.   It won't do individual speakers.    So 50 is low for my others in the group.   But yes when running stereo I could do this.   I want to also bring into play.   I can go stand in certain spots in my room and they will blow you away with bass.   So I'm gonna chalk it to listening position and do what many have stated.   Just re-arrange my room at some point.    Finally got the RC64III yesterday and I don't regret it one bit.   Makes the soundstage sound so much better for me.  Wish I would have bought it years ago.    Thanks for all who commented on this thread.    I appreciate the warm welcome.   Love a good forum.    

I stand corrected, my older Pioneer Elite AVR crossover is 80Hz as opposed to your 100Hz, my understanding that when in the subwoofer is active (surround sound) the main speakers cut out at 100Hz (in your case) and the subwoofer takes over.  It is not clear in my AVR manual if the crossover is still active in stereo mode.

I am impressed with my HT setup playing 5.1 SACD's.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new RC64III.