Epic CF-4 material

Higgins

• 3 months later...

I’m dealing with a similar issue with one of mine and honestly it’s not a straightforward issue to deal with. Klipsch both sprayed the motor board with a black resin or they covered the entire motorboard in that one piece mould that you have. Unless the issue is relegated to one flat area you could possibly cut out and make repairs using a vinyl stick on of similar material but otherwise it looks like you may just have to pull that whole mould off and refinish the motorboard in any desire that you like. 

I thought about pulling the moulds off and having them and the horn shroud finished in piano black but that’s bucket list stuff at the moment. 

• Like 1

It's a thick vinyl-ish material that was most likely done with a heat press that formed the vinyl over the glued frame.  After it cooled, it was probably cut at the edges.  At least that's my guess. Mainly I think it's possibility because I used to be a rep for Q-Logic which was a company in Stillwater, OK that made custom kick panels for speakers and custom enclosures for subs.  They heated the thick abs plastic and dropped it down onto a mold that vacuumed it in place and cooled it down. But I could be wrong.

Maybe find someone that can do that with vinyl and just have them recovered. 

• Like 1