Help with RSA-500

I reciently hooked up my RSA-500 to a new sub.  Unfortunately the sub wants a little more power than this amp can push.  There is a component on the power supply that i cannot identify due to a hole through it.  Can anyone with this amp please help me identify this component.  It is one of the square yellow ones on the power supply board, specifically the one closest to the front of the amp. 

Thank you

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Griggsfamily55 said:

I reciently hooked up my RSA-500 to a new sub.  Unfortunately the sub wants a little more power than this amp can push.  There is a component on the power supply that i cannot identify due to a hole through it.  Can anyone with this amp please help me identify this component.  It is one of the square yellow ones on the power supply board, specifically the one closest to the front of the amp. 

Thank you

image.jpg

That looks like C2 on the pcb, so it's probably a capacitor. Hopefully you can remove it and find some legible markings to identify it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mboxler said:

That looks like C2 on the pcb, so it's probably a capacitor. Hopefully you can remove it and find some legible markings to identify it.

Unfortunately no.  That hole goes all the way through. Based on the other capacitors of that type all of the markings are on the large flat sides, and there are none that are the same size ether.  

Thanks! Absolutely agree. You may know but the amp was designed for and used only a couple or 3 Klipsch subwoofer speakers, architecture ones.

Bumping this up to see if bad component can be identified.

Guess if I still had mine, could maybe help.

Welcome! 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...