need receiver/amp recommendation

Dabrowski

My new living room is a slightly irregular (closet bump outs) but still a fairly large 31' x 23'.

Anyway, I've wired the building up for 6.1 and now need a reciever to give me lots of power for my disco music, and only occasional DVD movie.

I currently have KLF-10's for my front speakers, and will also need to get 4 more speakers for mid's and rears. My intention is to hang bookshelf speakers from the rather tall ceilings as opposed to the satallites that most people install because they all look to be fairly inneficient to me as far as db ratings.

In the $500 range, is there a reciver that you folks would recommend?

Also, is there a way to buy a lesser receiver and simply use a seperate amplifier to power the front speakers (the most important to me)? I was thinking of this because a lot of the receivers I've looked at are rich on features buy low on power.

Any recommendations from the real world would be greatly appreciated.11.gif11.gif

In the 500 dollar range for a receiver ? What about an outlaw model 1050 ? They are sold exclusively on the internet - bypassing all the wholesalers / retail stores and the middleman. You get maximum bang for minimum buck. Try www.outlawaudio.com for more info. You can also do a search and read reviews on this product @ www.audioreview.com . My other choice would be a marantz sr4200 - which I currently have. Power output is only 65w/ch but it has good low noise DAC's and for the mains, I run the pre-amp out rca's to an older Philips pa1200b power amp. This old boy has 150w/ch rms and really works great.