swapping passive radiator for active sub

Got_Horns

13 hours ago, OO1 said:

klipsch Parts  sell the k-28-E + the K-281  same with   https://reconingspeakers.com/  , but klipsch  Parts  is much cheaper 

BTW check these out ...in  LA , 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255989095714?hash=item3b9a239d22:g:MqIAAOSwQQNj9wvF

Could you so kindly give me a link to the Klipsch parts k28e?  For the life of me, I cannot find them.  And from reading on the forum CS maybe problematic.  🙏

• Moderators
On 2/23/2023 at 5:21 PM, avguytx said:

Ok, so IF you do it where it's like a KLF-20/30, so to speak, they could share cabinet volume BUT there's more that goes into it than just putting two woofers in a cabinet made from nice wood and good bracing, then working out the port tuning frequency, then building the networks to be "in tune" with the speakers as a whole, etc.  I guess if you're just shooting from the hip and whatever happens happens, it's all in good fun.  Typically that's where you need the T/S parameters of the woofers  to find the right cabinet volume and tuning using various programs.  Good luck.

Yeah, you are about the 3rd person with a wealth of knowledge pointing out pitfalls, etc.  but it’s clear that this is a full blown modification and rebuild and not a restoration.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Got_Horns said:

Could you so kindly give me a link to the Klipsch parts k28e?  For the life of me, I cannot find them.  And from reading on the forum CS maybe problematic.  🙏

I suggest you PM him or check out the many DIY forums on speakers so that you have the greatest potential for making your idea a success. 

This is well beyond a restoration.

• Moderators
On 2/24/2023 at 4:34 PM, Got_Horns said:

Those are nice cabinets.  But that takes away all my fun 😊.  I'm now thinking of making something totally unique.  I'm curious on how much internal air volume the mid horn and tweet horn need? 

The Speaker DIY forums are your friend here. 

Keep in mind between Moray, AVguy and JohnA there is well over 100 years of serious design experience and knowledge, all to some extent saying you should rethink. It’s beyond and way outside the scope of restorations or repairs which is what this Section is for. 

• Like 2