Tangent T-5000 Refurbish/Rebuild

TimBo

@tigerwoodKhorns

I forgot to add that I do have the Denon original remote with new rechargeable batteries and that it still works. The Harmony One adds a lot of the functions of the original remote to the Harmony One LCD screen. Options such as the playback modes, Stereo, Dolby, etc. and input options along with many more. But there is no option for the OSD and/or setup options that need to be set in the OSD without the original remote that I can find.

TimBo

I have the original remote, but it eats batteries and is not really user friendly.  Th emotion control turns it on all the time.  I just wanted a good volume control and mute for commercials.  The $5 Phillips did the trick.  It does sources too.  If the Harmony was available I would have bought one based on reviews but they are NLA. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I have the original remote, but it eats batteries and is not really user friendly.  Th emotion control turns it on all the time.  I just wanted a good volume control and mute for commercials.  The $5 Phillips did the trick.  It does sources too.  If the Harmony was available I would have bought one based on reviews but they are NLA. 

True,, they are NOT user friendly in any sense of the word. But the original base will recharge the standard rechargeable batteries and save the constant buying of batteries. You do not need a separate charger for the batteries when using that base. I have purchased only one set of rechargeable AAs since I traded for the unit 6 years ago and the remotes base keeps it charged and ready.

I bought my last Harmony One from eBay. It was "same as new" with the exception of the battery. I buy the batteries for it from Amazon.

TimBo

Edited by TimBo