KV3 or KSC C1

bkklipsch

i have just purchased a new pair of KG 3.5's and being new to the home theater arena was looking to add a center channel now. however, i now realize that the suggested center channel that i would need is the KV 3 which is no longer produced. i have mixed feelings on purchasing used and was wondering if there really would be a noticeable difference in sound if i used a KSC C1. they seem to have very good reviews and since i am a neophyte when it comes to this stuff i am looking for some help.1.gif

I had a similar dilemma and went with the KSC-C1. It does the job, but it's not a perfect match. I've wondered a few times what the difference would be with a KV-3.

Bottom line, if you can find a reliable seller and a good price for the KV-3, get it, but the KSC-C1 will do a fine job otherwise.

BK,

I had a very similar question a few weeks back, actually exactly one week ago. I was unsure whether to go with the KG 2.2, KV-2, KV-3, or the KSCC1. I purchased my mains (KG 4's) and rears (KG 1.2's) new. At that time a center channel was really not around, and was really never a concern. Based on DD and Diggs suggestions, they told me to hold out for the KV 3, since there is no "perfect match". A bit apprehensive to buy used, I found one used on ebay. So I bought it, at a very reasonable price. The gentleman was moving and didn't have room for it so I lucked out. It has made such a huge difference in my HT system I cannot even begin to explain. You hear everything...and brings a huge smile to your face and sends chills up your back. It is unbelievable what a difference it makes. My father who has a much higher end HT system was almost jealous as to what his ears had heard. So to answer your question, yes hold out for the KV 3, one appears about every other week or so on ebay, just check sellers feedback, and ask him what else he has hooked up to it. Usually if it is higher end, he must have spent a good amount of money on it and most probably took good care of it. Also ask if they have original manuals and box, could indicate that he purchased it new and not used. Best of luck and hold out for the KV 3.

Brad,

I purchased the KG 3.5's from Showcase Home Entertainment

in Chandler, Arizona. They were $249.00 for the pair. I believe they are a chain and located in several places across the US. Their phone number is 480.785.5800 and web site is www.showcase-he.com. Hope this helps.

Bryan