Klipsch Cinema 800 and R-120SW

alkemyst

I recently picked up a new open box Cinema 800 for $399 to replace the kid's Yamaha YAS-209.   I had ordered a Klipsch R-120SW which is not worth returning for the costs (they did credit me $35 bringing my total for it $250).

Would this be a better sub than the included 10" sub, I would connect it via RCA?

Thanks

On 7/19/2023 at 3:38 PM, wuzzzer said:

Yes

I know the R-120SW isn't a great sub, but since I am stuck with it it's good to know I can upgrade the Cinema 800 for my kids.  I wanted a Samsung 9x0 setup, but when I found the Cinema 800 new open box for $399 shipped, it's a helluva deal.  It's also only for a bedroom.  If I could do it over, I'd order them the SPL-120 like I ended up with.

I was shopping Amazon for subs and was "saving items" for later because of Prime Day coming up.  Somehow I did a buy it now on the R-120SW.

6 hours ago, alkemyst said:

I know the R-120SW isn't a great sub, but since I am stuck with it it's good to know I can upgrade the Cinema 800 for my kids.  I wanted a Samsung 9x0 setup, but when I found the Cinema 800 new open box for $399 shipped, it's a helluva deal.  It's also only for a bedroom.  If I could do it over, I'd order them the SPL-120 like I ended up with.

I was shopping Amazon for subs and was "saving items" for later because of Prime Day coming up.  Somehow I did a buy it now on the R-120SW.

You can actually use the included sub along with the R-120.  The sub that comes with the soundbar connects via Bluetooth and you’d wire the R-120 to the soundbar’s RCA sub out as you stated.

Might as well give it a shot.  Hopefully they’ll play well together.  You’ll probably have to mess around with the output levels on both subs and possibly the phase adjustment on the R-120 but if it were me I’d at least try it.

13 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

You can actually use the included sub along with the R-120.  The sub that comes with the soundbar connects via Bluetooth and you’d wire the R-120 to the soundbar’s RCA sub out as you stated.

Might as well give it a shot.  Hopefully they’ll play well together.  You’ll probably have to mess around with the output levels on both subs and possibly the phase adjustment on the R-120 but if it were me I’d at least try it.

Thanks Wuz, the problem is there isn't enough room I think.   I am going to set it up though and then figure out if we can add the surrounds (Klipsch 3's not sure if the 5's can work).