Restoring my Tangent 30's

TomC

Greetings to all. My first post here.

I am in the process of restoring my Tangent 30 speaker cabinets manufactured in late 1989. I purchased them new around that time while stationed overseas in the US ARMY. Recently I have acquired(4) K-6-K Woofers for this purpose. I know at least one of the old ones is shot and the horns seem to be OK.

I will leave the restoration to an expert in this field. Thanks to this site, I am

able to provide the crossover schematics.

When purchased, I chose ro pair them with a Carver CM-1090 Sonic Holography Amp.  It is in much more need of restoration than the speakers and restoration will probably exceed $400.00 for just the Amp. The sound was awesome and I loved the combination for the past 30 or so years.

My question is this. Would I be better off finding a single ended tube amp to pair with these speakers or recondition  the Carver?

• Like 1

Welcome! At 96 db efficient, could work well with tube amp.

Would hang on to the known good woofers after checking as abit of corrosion on connector could be problem with the one unless blown.

Are you considering refreshing the capacitors in the crossovers? Bumping this up for the experts... @TomC