Shufflin' the horns around the house...

Mallette

The deals keep on comin' Last month, I scored a pair of MINT Frazier Monte Carlos literally "from a fastidious little ol lady." They SMELLED new coming out of the packing and were pristine all over. 70.00 including shipping! As my original MC's needed reconing and refinishing (they entered life in my 60's dorm room) at 60.00 plus tax, I found this a no-brainer. I promptly mounted them in the rear and disconneted the Heresies. The improvement was astounding. At least 3db more efficient, the sound field suddenly deepened to the "involvement" stage. All who've heard them say it's a tremendous improvement. The high-res stuff from the MBS-3 (separate post) can get downright scary in its realness.

So the Heresies went off to the LR HT setup. I replaced the center channel with a near-mint (20.00 delivered) Frazier Super Midget. That's the one PWK had with a handle on it to demonstrate corner bass reenforcement. It matches the Heresies beautifully both visually and soniclly. Vastly improved dialogue, and an excellent soundfield. The Rat Shack LS-5's (don't laugh if you haven't heard them) in the rear blend far more seamlessly than I expected, though, of course, I have to keep them turned down due to the efficiency gulf.

Anyway, a good couple of months here.

Dave