Grill advice........

rowooo

I'm changing out my original speaker cloth on my CF-2's and putting the cane grill material on that I bought from Klipsch last year. I have all the old cloth off and there is quite a bit of residue left on the plastic grill frame. I have a couple questions. What type of glue would best work with the cane type material on plastic? Do I really need to get all that other crap off the plastic? And lastly, would it be possible to somehow staple the cane cloth on with minimal staples using sometime of strips? Thanks for any advice.............................................

Rowoo, I'd try a hot glue gun ... It's easy and provides enough sticking power. If you're stapling into plastic, you probably won't get a really good "seat" for the staple.

Don't worry about the goo ... IMHO it's not worth the effort to remove it. You won't see it with the new stuff down.

Good luck.

One down....one to go. Went to the store this afternoon and picked up a cheap glue gun. That cane material is kind of stiff so It was a pain in the butt. The grill looks great, now I just have to soak a couple finger tips in cold water for the next hour, dang that glue gets HOT! Also I sure wish they wouldn't have tapered the grills in toward the bottoms, a nice neat rectangle would have been easier, ha,ha.