Adire Audio New subs -- WILL ROCK THE INDUSTRY?

eddiejohnthethird

There are any number of QSC, Crown, Crest etc pro amps that will put out the 1.5-2 kW the Tumult could use. Some for not much more than $500.

Tumult in 160L with a pair of dual spider 18" PRs from stryke tuned to 16-18hz and 1.5kW. Dual Tumults in roughly twice that volume with 4 dual spider 18" PRs from stryke tuned to 16-18hz with 2.5-3kW. 2-4 Tumults in an inifnite baffle each getting about 300W. A single Tumult in about 80L with an LT transform circuit and 1.5-2kW.

jstanton8,

The market is full of inexpensive pro amps that deliver mucho raw watts like Crown,QSC,Carver Pro and many others.These amps are dirt cheap and ideal for subwoofer use,since they dont need to be very refined and mainly need to have good damping.

If however you are fancy and have cash to waste you could just buy a large Krell(like the FPB600 3.gif )and drive 2 Ohm loads(2400W RMS per channel).Or better get a Krell MRA(the most powerful amplifier on planet Earth)as the MRA is capable of 16KW output!RMS as always,and a Krell watt is way superior to some crude pro amp,any pro amp.

I wish Krell made a plate amp for the SVS BP4 plus. 1.gif Use the MRS plate amp in the BP4

The most potent plate amp in the world in the most powerful SVS made,imagine the results.

I thought the Tumult driver would need a refridgerator or something to hold it. Oh my, look at this beautiful enclosure for the powerful Tumult! (edit, I accidently wrote Tempest before, this sub shown below is using the stronger Tumult driver!).

http://www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com/subwoofers.html

I found this link from http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=962

That's a 50L sealed enclosure for a Tumult. The Tumult is designed for much smaller enclosures than the Tempest and pays for it by requiring significantly more power. Feed it that power though and with the XBL^2 motor and ridiculous excursion abilities, the end result will be very impressive.

Sealed I woldn't go smaller than 120L for a Tempest and ported I wouldn't go smaller than 200L for a Tempest, with 260-320L being a better option. The Tumult has too much Vd to port in an enclosure of appropriate size for it. Although you could go up to 160L and a pair of 18" PRs as I said above for the Tumult.