ESS and Tubes

Has anyone out there heard a pair of ESS speakers,( I have the AMT 1B`s)and compared the sound to, say some Cornwalls? The ESS`s efficiency at 1 watt is 90db at 1 meter. I know the Cornwalls are much more efficient. I`m looking at getting some tubes in the near future and am wondering how the Heil Air-Motion Transformer would mate with this kind of amp. Cornwalls seems to love a tube set-up. I`m thinking I would need more power than 3.5 watts per side. My room size is 22'x15'.

By electronic they mean active. Most home speakers have a passive crossovers which means the filtering is done on an already amplified signal (and the filter components do not get any outside power). An active crossover does the filtering before amplification and the filtering is done with op-amps and resistors (and such) and which are powered by an outside source. The disadvantage of active crossovers is that you need more amplifier channels. For instance a stereo setup that uses an active (2-way) crossover will need four discrete amplifiers. For car audio, it is very common to see active crossovers. IMHO, active crossovers work better for filtering between the bass and midrange and passives are fine (for the most part) for filtering between midrange and tweeters.