Klipsch cinema 600 no power

Holly B

Good morning, I was wondering if someone can assist me please. I purchased a cinema Klipsch 600 in November of 2021 and the sound bar died on me approximately a month ago.

I came across this forum online and I was very excited to see that there was a forum dedicated for klipsch.

I followed the link and I have purchased the exact same power supply 24 volts 4 amps 5 volts 1 amp and follow your instructions down to the letter the green light comes on which does suggest power going to the power supply however the sound bar still is not booting up,

I was wondering if someone may have an understanding as to why this is happening. Thank you guys so much.

On 10/14/2023 at 11:41 PM, Holly B said:

I have purchased the exact same power supply 24 volts 4 amps 5 volts 1 amp and follow your instructions down to the letter the green light comes on which does suggest power going to the power supply however the sound bar still is not booting up,

my guess is you have incorrectly wired the 600 PS  

- 24 V   left -  5 V right 

-  GND   black cable,

-  VDD   white cable  

-  STB   red cable  

-  5 Volt  side   -  the  white cable +  smaller plug red cable together  

Thanks for reaching out

Here is the configuration connection that I used, I am getting power however the bar itself is not turning on even when I did the bar reset by pushing the power and source button in addition to hitting the reset button on the back of the bar.

At this point I'm guessing that there is possibly something wrong with the motherboard. Any ideas?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b8Eb4Ps4UtVGhkjn9

you're still  not wiring the Cinema 600  Power supply  correctly .

check the layout on the board as per this picture   

-White cable VDD ,

-Black cable  GROUND  

-Red cable   STB   

-24V  Red cable  at left

-5V at right ...... small plug  Red  + White cables twisted together

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Have the same issue, Cinema 600 Soundbar gave up the ghost just as described by HollyB.  Hoping HollyB and/or 001 can provide the link to the parts HollyB references in the above post "I followed the link and I have purchased the exact same power supply 24 volts 4 amps 5 volts 1 amp".  Appears to be two parts that I need to order and install to rectify this issue.  Love this system and it sounds fantastic when it works, I just hope to have the same success as HollyB.

The link and exact items I need to purchase, pics (I can't see HollyB's pics), and any additionally tips would be greatly appreciated :)

2 hours ago, bboss711 said:

Have the same issue, Cinema 600 Soundbar gave up the ghost just as described by HollyB.  Hoping HollyB and/or 001 can provide the link to the parts HollyB references in the above post "I followed the link and I have purchased the exact same power supply 24 volts 4 amps 5 volts 1 amp".  Appears to be two parts that I need to order and install to rectify this issue.  Love this system and it sounds fantastic when it works, I just hope to have the same success as HollyB.

The link and exact items I need to purchase,   

Replacing the Power Supply will in most cases resolve the issue / AC to DC Isolated Power Supply Module DC 24V 4A 5V 1A Dual Output Power AC 120V

https://www.amazon.com/NOYITO-Isolated-90-256V-50-60Hz-Industrial/dp/B07WKH5RZV?th=1

.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WKH5RZV/ref=srdp?keywords=noyito+ac+to+dc+power+supply+24v+5v&srpt=POWER_CONVERTER&sres=B07WKH5RZV%2CB07T9PJ9D7%2CB07BDL176B%2CB07JV7CN1T%2CB07C1JHBB3%2CB07CNTHTSP%2CB07FNFJTHH%2CB0816B34FR%2CB07CML2GXN%2CB081RGVJGD%2CB06XJVYDDW%2CB07BLTTX1W%2CB07C8R5PJD%2CB07HWP4TSX%2CB07G6J3PK1%2CB07BLQKW37&qsid=135-3283479-4546535

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just now getting back to this post.  Many thanks to 001 for the more finite info, I'm going to research the links and order parts and get into this fix in the next couple of weeks (I miss my Klipsch). I have a dozen half-finished projects around the house and have to finish installing a new power steering pump in my old Toyota pickup.  I'll certainly post results/experiences when I'm there! 

TruckApr22-1.jpg

On 10/20/2023 at 1:08 PM, Holly B said:

Thanks for reaching out

Here is the configuration connection that I used, I am getting power however the bar itself is not turning on even when I did the bar reset by pushing the power and source button in addition to hitting the reset button on the back of the bar.

At this point I'm guessing that there is possibly something wrong with the motherboard. Any ideas?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b8Eb4Ps4UtVGhkjn9

I'm afraid I can't see your pic Ms. Holly, when I copy the link into my browser I get a 404 error, and I haven't dove into this project yet, but I did find another thread on this problem on reddit. Scroll down and read Lemmzy_Wonder's post, it seems to address the same issue and involves the same parts.