specifications of K-horn woofer

drobskyk

Hi,

Where can I get or who could tell me the technical specifications of K-horn woofer, especially its sensitivity(or efficiency)?

Here is what I think:

Since the overall sensitivity of K-horn is 104dB, and usually the midrange and tweeter drivers are more efficient than the woofer, so the efficientcy of the woofer must be at least 104dB.

Is that correct?

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:21:50 -0500

To: "dennis kleitsch"

At 04:39 AM 1/13/03 -0800, you wrote:

>I know you're winding things down, but I was wondering

>if you could do 4 ohm versions of the TD15M-LE ? If it

>was available in 4 ohms it would have the correct

>specs for a Klipschorn and I would be able to take a

>dozen (or maybe more).

Hello Dennis,

We could do the above if you purchased 20 units. We would have to have a custom VC made which is possible at the 20 unit quantity without incurring a set up fee.

Best regards

Nick

Nicholas McKinney

Lambda Acoustics Inc

djk:

The stock Lambda woofer would be 101dB/2.83V, with a 4 ohm coil it would be 104dB/2.83V, the same as the K33E from Klipsch. Because of the horn loading the impedance rises a bit, enough to be able to hook to an 8 ohm tap on most tube amplifiers. Woofers like the JBL2205 sound better than the Klipsch in the midrange because of the better motor and cone assemblies, but the bass below 50hz suffers because the T/S parameters. The Lambda motor will be much more linear, due to the copper shorting rings and the twice as tall magnetic gap, and the cone more rigid too (the Klipsch cone is quite soft actually). The T/S parameters of the proposed special Lambda woofer are almost dead on so the bass should be unchanged.

If there is any interest in this please get a hold of me soon. Unless of course you are willing to buy 20pcs, in that case let me know and I will get a pair from you :)