Question about older floor standing and center speakers

liquified

Ok so now I’m super frustrated. I got the Denon AVR-x2700h from Accessories4less as a Denon factory refurbished. I set everything up and calibrated it all. Added the Atmos speakers as well. I swear the sound field is horrible now. It’s so weird. I will put a new movie on and it sounds great. But then put on a TV show and the sound goes to absolute crap for the most part. No low end and the center speaker sounds so echoey and hollow. Even with music it just sounds way off. I can’t figure it out but I definitely did not have any of those issues with the 4250. It sounded great on all stuff. Most of the time you don’t get anything from the sub side of things. The left and right fronts seem to always sound good but the rest it all way off.  Am I missing something or is this factory refurbished just a dud? 

Edited by liquified

Did you run Audessey?  Have you configured the EQ to your own room settings beyind XT32?  The Audessey should be your benchmark, you will need to dial in things beyond what it gives you.  What do your settings look like?

I did run Audessey 3 separate times now with the same results. I have not gone in the graphic EQ yet, I just never had to with my old receiver because it just sounded great automatically with the pre-dialed sound fields with XT32. So I just turned off MultiEQ XT and went into Graphic EQ and its all leveled out to zero on each of the speakers. and subwoofer level adjust is at -7dB but even adjusting that doesnt change much for TV viewing even if I turn the sub gain setting on the actual sub all the way up from the halfway point. Dialing in the EQ per speaker is prob a little above my pay grade and always relied on presets like in a car stereo system, haha. Any tips when trying to dial that in.  The sub being so non existent is still weird to me when it was very prominent before on the 4520 receiver.

Edited by liquified

22 hours ago, The History Kid said:

I'd start by setting all speakers except the RF-3's to small and cross the sub at 80 Hz.  Set bass to both.  Set the sub for now to 0 dB.  Start there.

So I took a step back and knew I was missing/doing something wrong. I traced my sub issue to the fact then when I wired it all back up I had the cable going into the right sub input on the sub rather than the left/LFE input. That changed the sub issue dramatically. I also went and turned off the MultiEQ XT and played a little in the graphic EQ. I got some good results but I found when I turned on the MultiEQ and used Flat instead of reference I got a much better sound then even when I EQed myself. Center at -3db and Sub at +4.5db sound so much better.

I ordered the RC-62 II yesterday as well! 

• Like 1

I tend to prefer flat myself.  There are some that get good results with the auto setup, and some that don't.  I fall into the latter - sounds like you do too.  Glad it's working out now.  That 62 is a huge step up, don't be surprised if you need to do a few more tweaks after you get it.

On 1/17/2024 at 2:34 PM, The History Kid said:

I tend to prefer flat myself.  There are some that get good results with the auto setup, and some that don't.  I fall into the latter - sounds like you do too.  Glad it's working out now.  That 62 is a huge step up, don't be surprised if you need to do a few more tweaks after you get it.

That sad feeling when fed ex has lost your package with your new center speaker. Been "out for delivery" now for 2 days and the my driver doesn't have it. 

• Sad 1

so fed ex completely lost my new center speaker. Very long story but it was “out for delivery” for 2 days. Spoke directly with my driver both days. He didn’t have it. Called the 800 number, called my local and no one knew anything. Then today I get a text  at 1pm that it’s been delivered the day before at 3:15. Obviously someone manually put it in there to cover their ***. Called Klipsch and they have another one already sent out to me at no cost and they will file the claim. Good job Klipsch!!!

Now time to unload my old center and my Denon-AVR 4520ci. How much do you think this receiver is worth? I feel

it definitely had value but I’m not sure how much

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 12:31 AM, liquified said:

Now time to unload my old center and my Denon-AVR 4520ci. How much do you think this receiver is worth? I feel

it definitely had value but I’m not sure how much

Glad Klipsch got you sorted.

I don't know the value on the 4520CI.  The cursory view I did says between $300 and $600.  RC-3's are probably in the $100-$200 range.