Front Porting RF3II

Bruinsrme

Hi Gordon,

I have seen the new line of Reference coming out, and I would love to snag a set or two.

The problem is I want to either purchase a RSW12 or 15 or perhaps an SVS sub. Not to mention the new roof in the spring and the annual family trip, 2 mountain biking trips, and hockey tournaments the fiscal budget for HT upgrades has been slashed to a mere $1000 +/- 500.

Thanks

I understand! I'm building my HT only on paper now. When it gets time to actually spend the $$, I may have to change my tune a little2.gif

My original budget was $10 total - $2k for room renovations/furniture, $2K for sound, $3K for a RPTV, and $3k for a FPTV. Then I started shopping sound systems. Ugh. First to go was the dual video system concept(FPTV). Now I'm looking at $5-6k of audio stuff. Just started looking at loveseats, etc. Double Ugh. I may end up using my old 27" TV, but it's going to SOUND good! 1.gif

When I first started renovating the cellar room into an HT I was thinking it would not take that long. It being an older house the electrical needed to be rerun, paint, carpeting, tools, wood, moulding, materials to make cosmetic repairs, cable, furniture, a/v equipment I am into almost $10,000. And I am still not finished. I would have never thought. I used to laugh at "idiots" that spent that kind of money. Now, I am one of those idiots 9.gif .

So what do you think about front porting the RF3II's

"So what do you think about front porting the RF3II's"

I dunno, BruinsRyou1.gif

Seriously, I don't know enough about speaker design to know if you can simply move the port to the front and have good results. It seems to make sense, but like I said, I really do not know. Maybe one of the audio mavens here can kick in some advice.

Gordon