Steve Tibbetts-A Man About A Horse-2 thumbs WAY up!

synthfreek

This was a Stereophile Magazine "Recording of the Month" recently and the review intrigued me enough to buy it. Tibbetts is an experimental guitarist along the lines of noone I've heard. Fantastic soundstage...nice and wide. HUGE walls of guitar sound with DEEP tribal percussion and nice ambient synth work. Released on ECM and that's usually a good thing. http://www.stereophile.com/showarchives.cgi?753'> HEREhref> is a review. The closest comparison I can come up with is to Michael Brook. He's the inventor of the "Infinite Guitar" that The Edge uses. He produced and AMAZING album about 10 years ago on 4AD Records titled Cobalt Blue and is also highly recommended. Give 'em a listen if you're yearning for something a little left-field. If not, go buy a SKINNERD(sic) cd.

My local small record dealer does not even have his name in their computer! I've been looking for this album since I heard some cuts on my local PBS station! I have 3 other albums of his and they are all awsome! If you like him check out David Torn!