new k horn 2

steelere

hello

thanks for all replies I cant pick up the k horns til saturday and can hardly wait it sounds as if the phase amp is to much power I have been useing a sanyo jcx 2600 k as a pre amp and tuner with infinity sm 150 speakers I belive the sanyo is also a 85 watt amp if i can find the pins do you think this is a better match

thank you

brent

Brent,

Yes...using an 85 watt RMS per channel amp is gonna be a better deal all around than overdriving the k-horns with something over 105 watts rms per channel. You will soon find out that the k-horns will show up things in your upstream electronics you never heard before....things you won't WANT to hear...but that is the nature of the beast when you have highly efficient horn-loading involved. I would imagine that you wil end up trying a number of differing amplifiers before you settle in on something that has no color and backround to its sound thruogh the k-horns! Most k-hron owners go through this until they find "just the right combo" of equipment for them. Welcome to the world of Heritage speakers, and to the world of Klipschorns in particular! Also...welcome to the Forum and your inevitable terminal case of "upgraditis"! LOL!

The important part of getting k-horns is to PROPERLY set them up with good seals to the walls in the corners, and other such things. There have been a number of posts over the past few months regarding this procedure with hints as to how to get the most from k-horns in their bass response. Do a search...but if you can't find them all...I will re-write the info for you.