Sound Advice

erikjohn

I ordered the RSW-15 three weeks ago online. I am still waiting. None of the diso**** Klipsch suppliers have this damn thing. I will continue to wait. I ordered from AcousticSoundDesign.

I came real close to buying from Sound Advice a couple weeks ago but I just can't stand most of the salesmen there. Unless you walk in in a dress shirt and slacks they treat you like sh!t. I believe I walked around for about 30 minutes until I actually had to call some guy over to help. It pisses me off because I could walk out of that store with anything they have and I wouldn't have to finance it. Just because I was in shorts and a T-shirt I was invisible. It's unfortuanate that these are the only jacka$$e$ in the neghborhood that sell Klipsch authorized.

I was in there negotiating and the best price I could get was around $1500 out the door but I can get it for $1200 online with a matching warranty.

Venting EJ

7.gif

Which Sound Advice?

If it's the Altamonte store I can only imagine what you've been through kinda like going to Absoulte Sound.

I frequent the Sand Lake store.

If you go back ask for Gene or Bill

By the way I don't get any perks for sending them business except watching movies in room 4.

2.gif

EJ,

It's not your cloths, your just too darn ugly. I go to the one on Rt. 50.

Next time go into one of the demo rooms and crank it up, the salesman will come running.

A couple of months ago I was in Sears to get my son something. I couldn't get any help, so while I was waiting I decided to rewire all the equipment.

Then I connected up a subwoofer and played it as loud as it would go. You have to bring your own demo CD, they don't have them laying around. When the salesman came over we asked to hear a few pieces of equipment. He went to the switching board to pick the pieces we wanted to hear and I think you know what happened.

I know what you mean about Sound Advice. I've run into some nice salesman but I've run into a couple with chips on their shoulders also. You wonder how they make a living being on commission. One thing for sure, if you go in there and the place is hopping, you had better be well dressed or you will be ignored.

But they are right down the street from me and that is very convenient. I have to admit I just bought RF-7's, an RC-7 and two RS-7's a month ago and my salesman was very nice and gave me what I thought was a good price.

I've never been in one of the smaller places

around here that specializes in the higher end stuff, but I imagine they try to size you up as soon as you walk through the door also.

I guess I've always thought those kinds of places are used to a clientele not so concerned with a good deal.