Klipsch R-40SA Purposes

Hello,

I am building a 5.1.4 home theater in a spare room and deciding which set of surround speakers to buy. I plan on using them as left and right side surrounds. 

Should I buy the Klipsch R-40SA speakers or R-50M bookshelf speakers? What do you guys recommend? 

I read that the R-40SAs can be used as side surround speakers. I like the fact that these speakers are smaller and more compact than the R-50m. Saves me space in room.  I cannot find frequency response for these anywhere but says conforms to Dolby specs. Can I use these as surround channels? Will I be sacrificing sound quality over the R-50M? 

15 minutes ago, Stevevaiamd2006 said:

@khornukopia ok thank you for the reply. So these R-40SA speakers can be used as surround speakers and height speakers? Is that right? I have another question. Where would you recommend I set my crossover on my AVR when using the R-40SA as side surround speakers? At 80hz? I am worried because I don't wouldn't want to damage them. 

If your AVR has Audyssey or YPAO or MCACC or similar, it will automatically set the crossover frequency after measuring your set-up. If not, 80Hz would be fine.