Issue with Klipsch R-28PF

Have loved these speakers for a few years now. Recently they started popping and seems from the tweeters. Does this with them on or off. Now it no longer connects to the TV or blue tooth. Customer support says factory reset them, did twice to no avail. Then I was sent to Inner Sound Electronics Service who says they have no idea why Klipsch is sending people his way and he has no affiliation with them no support to aid their customers. He was an incredibly nice guy and said he would take my money but at the end of the day it would likely be better to upgrade. So apparently there are no amplifiers to purchase and these amazing towers are garbage now. I asked about aftermarket amps and running an external amp which both had their own obstacles to overcome, price being one of them. I sent an email back to Klipsch and relayed this and asked at the least if there was no support for this product could I get a nice discount on some 5's, 7's or 9's. No reply yet but we'll see. Anyone else deal with this issue? Any solutions I've missed?  

If they're no longer warranty it wouldn't hurt to take the amplifier(s) out and look for anything obvious such as a loose wire, blown fuse, etc.  Also try plugging them into a different outlet.  Have you recently added anything new in the same circuit they're plugged into that would be turning on and off such as a refrigerator, dehumidifier, etc?

1 hour ago, Shan361 said:

I have not changed anything in the area. I'll take the amp out and look around...and try another outlet before that. Thanks!

The random popping sometimes happens with devices that have switching power supplies plugged into the same circuit.  It's definitely worth a try to either unplug any devices you have on the same circuit to see if that helps, or plug the speakers into a different circuit.

Thanks, I will check that out as well. I did get an email back from Klipsch which offered me a 30% off coupon which can still be applied to anything on sale. Thinking about getting the 9's. Problem now is the sight won't allow me to make an account to log in to use it, lol.

Just took them to the other side of the room away from other electronics. Did a reset and still popping and although I can connect through blue tooth no sound. I pulled the amp and found nothing but hoped breaking the electrical connection might fix it but no luck. All speakers are still popping. 

2 hours ago, Shan361 said:

Just took them to the other side of the room away from other electronics. Did a reset and still popping and although I can connect through blue tooth no sound. I pulled the amp and found nothing but hoped breaking the electrical connection might fix it but no luck. All speakers are still popping. 

Sounds like a failing amp unfortunately.  I would highly suggest a pair of passive speakers for your next ones, powered by a receiver.  Speakers themselves rarely fail unless highly abused.  That way if your receiver were to fail you can keep your speakers and just replace the receiver.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 8:42 PM, wuzzzer said:

Sounds like a failing amp unfortunately.  I would highly suggest a pair of passive speakers for your next ones, powered by a receiver.  Speakers themselves rarely fail unless highly abused.  That way if your receiver were to fail you can keep your speakers and just replace the receiver.

Thanks, of course I check this AFTER I just purchased The Nines.