Pretty Cool Review of the Cornwall III

Cornwall is pretty much my dream speaker but economics dictates I hold tight with he Forte's.  This is a pretty cool review though with a couple different amp pairings:  the Decware Zen end an old Carver cube amp.  Interestingly the dude liked the 200 WPC SS Carver.

• Like 2

Nice review.  What version of forte do you own?  I had forte II for almost 30 years and upgraded to IVs about a year and a half ago.  I have heard Cornwall IV although not in my listening room.  I actually prefer the forte IV in the bass department.  INMHO punchier.  The Cornwall is a great speaker in its own right, however there is something about the forte line that I cannot replace.  How large is your listening area?  If considering purchasing new, INMHO the WOW factor over the forte is not there for me.  IF you go with Cornwall, I hope it meets your expectations and delivers that WOW factor for you.  

7 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

Nice review.  What version of forte do you own?  I had forte II for almost 30 years and upgraded to IVs about a year and a half ago.  I have heard Cornwall IV although not in my listening room.  I actually prefer the forte IV in the bass department.  INMHO punchier.  The Cornwall is a great speaker in its own right, however there is something about the forte line that I cannot replace.  How large is your listening area?  If considering purchasing new, INMHO the WOW factor over the forte is not there for me.  IF you go with Cornwall, I hope it meets your expectations and delivers that WOW factor for you.  

Mine are Forte IIs, circa 1995.  Room is about 12 x 18 but open on one side into a larger space.  Other than some KG4s I started with (I really miss those too) the Forte's are the only Klipsch Heritage speaker I've actually heard so nothing to compare it to really.  Cornwalls sure get rave reviews from their owners.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 11:33 AM, MikeM said:

Mine are Forte IIs, circa 1995.  Room is about 12 x 18 but open on one side into a larger space.  Other than some KG4s I started with (I really miss those too) the Forte's are the only Klipsch Heritage speaker I've actually heard so nothing to compare it to really.  Cornwalls sure get rave reviews from their owners.  

Check out this review from Andrew Robinson, listen all the way through, prior to getting Cornwall IV he reviewed and owned the forte IV.  

Bing Videos