Adapter for attaching spades to barrier strips

edster00

Also check this thread out for another option. That works the same but only works with Banana adaptors. There mounted on a Crossover half way down the page. I bought some and there sturdy beast what I like about the ones above is you can use spades and bananas with them. If you found them somewhere other then from Bizzie bee let me know I've tried to find them else where but no luck. I find it hard to believe he had them made !

Craig

I think you could easily fabricate something as good or better than these for 1/3 the price. Just take those high quality Dayton binding posts (parts express 091-1250), shorten the 1" threaded shaft (designed to go through the thick plywood in back of a speaker cabinet), then use the two "gold nuts" to attach some kind of lug. Put some shrink tubing around the exposed shaft if you like. You might even be able to solder some kind of lug to this shaft and eliminate the nuts. I will be thinking more about this myself. Finding the right lug is the crux. I just used these binding posts on my custom speaker cabinets, they are better quality than the ones he sells for $29+ for set of 4. The Daytons cost between $8 -9 for a set of 4. The lugs will be maybe $1 more if that.

The lugs might not be spade lugs, but terminal lugs which means you might have to take the screw all the way off to attach the new conversion lug but that does not seem to be a problem since you won't be doing it after that when you go to the new plugs etc.

C&S