Bi-wiring

Pathos

Can anyone help me out with Bi-wiring or point me to a site with some technical information?

I have some RF-3II's on order and read that you can Bi-wire them. I would really like to read some info before I haul off and blow myself up.4.gif (or the speakers of course...)

I am going to check out Klipsch.com right now and see if I can find more than just a definition.

Thanks.

Pathos

Thank you Phips... good site, but now it brings up other questions. (I like pictures...lol)

What advantages will I experience with Bi-wiring?

Can I continue to hook the speakers directly up to my Yamaha receiver? (RX-V1000)

I currently use 12 gauge wire, do I continue to do so?

If I Bi-wire one set of speakers do I have to do all of them?

Pathos.

bi wiring can be done from any amplifier. all it is basically is a speaker cable that starts as a normal one, than splits into 2 seperate pairs, one for highs, one for lows. The theory behind this is to have less interferance between the two signals, and that you can have cables designed specifically for those frequencies to improve the quality of them. IF these things are true (I'm not quite a believer myself) you could expect to have better balance and accuracy on the highs and lows, and maybe a little better frequency extension. but once again, IF biwiring actually makes a difference.

Thanks BBB. I now know the path I must follow. I am not going to get as elaborate as the Bi-amp setup suggested, but I will Bi-wire the speakers and connect them to my A & B inputs.

Toxic I have a Yamaha RX-V1000 receiver with 5 channel A inputs and 2 channel B inputs. I think I am going to wire them according to the article that BBB referred me to. I would be interested in hearing how you have yours wired and what kind of equipment and cables you are using.