Buzzing in mid when close to wall

I've got a set of Chorus IIs. One of the mids was constantly buzzing, and I realized it's related to being close to an exterior wall in my room. Is there anything that can be done to fix this? I don't have a lot of options for placement.

26 minutes ago, nickyboy6100 said:

The mid shouldn’t be buzzing no matter how close it is to the wall. The Chorus II was meant to be placed at least a foot from the back wall or corner. I have found that they sound best around 2ft from a wall. 

I imagine it has something to do with what's in or outside the wall. The breaker box is on the other side of the wall, so either that or the wires flowing through. When I move it away from that wall, the buzzing stops. Nothing else in the vicinity.

19 hours ago, Don A said:

I imagine it has something to do with what's in or outside the wall. The breaker box is on the other side of the wall, so either that or the wires flowing through. When I move it away from that wall, the buzzing stops. Nothing else in the vicinity.

I understand now. I thought you were referring to the mid horn buzzing. 

On 3/27/2024 at 12:49 PM, nickyboy6100 said:

I understand now. I thought you were referring to the mid horn buzzing. 

I am - there is a hum coming from the mid horn when the speaker is close to that wall. I figured it's due to some interference with what's inside the wall. Trying to figure out if there's a solution to this.

3 hours ago, Don A said:

I am - there is a hum coming from the mid horn when the speaker is close to that wall. I figured it's due to some interference with what's inside the wall. Trying to figure out if there's a solution to this.

That is really weird. I assumed it was vibration in the wall caused by different frequencies. You might want to take the mid horn out and check to see if the driver is tight to the horn. 

• Like 1