HELP!!! Has my DD5.1 died???

partfake

I need help! I have the Promedia 4.1's and the DD5.1, connected to my DVD, VCR, Satellite, and XBOX. Today, while playing XBOX, there was a loud pop from all 4 sats, then a horrible, continuous squeal. The DD5.1 LED display went blank, then to a line of jumbled fonts. There was a serious power draw in the house - my lights dimmed. I quickly shut everything off. There was a strong burnt smell from all 4 sats. After restarting everything, the LED returned to normal, but the sound coming from the sats was 1/3 the normal volume and distorted. The sub sounds normal, but it's hard to tell. The sub/preamp was not hot to the touch, neither was the DD5.1. I contacted our electric company and there was no reported power surge, and none of my breakers tripped in the house. WHAT HAPPENED?! And will Klipsch cover it? My DD5.1 is only a month old.

----------------

On 2/10/2003 10:02:08 PM partfake wrote:

I need help! I have the Promedia 4.1's and the DD5.1, connected to my DVD, VCR, Satellite, and XBOX. Today, while playing XBOX, there was a loud pop from all 4 sats, then a horrible, continuous squeal. The DD5.1 LED display went blank, then to a line of jumbled fonts. There was a serious power draw in the house - my lights dimmed. I quickly shut everything off. There was a strong burnt smell from all 4 sats. After restarting everything, the LED returned to normal, but the sound coming from the sats was 1/3 the normal volume and distorted. The sub sounds normal, but it's hard to tell. The sub/preamp was not hot to the touch, neither was the DD5.1. I contacted our electric company and there was no reported power surge, and none of my breakers tripped in the house. WHAT HAPPENED?! And will Klipsch cover it? My DD5.1 is only a month old.

----------------

are u absolutely sure the DD-5.1 is the one failing here? the burning smell came from the speakers, followed by low volume and distortion however the DD-5.1 is functioning as usual, no? try hooking up a cd player to the PM4.1, if a clean source results in the same low volume and distortion, ur speakers have gone south14.gif is it within warranty as well?

I checked the DD5.1 with headphones on each speaker output, the DD5.1 seems to be working normally - decoding 5.1 Dolby and everything. But the 4.1's are still having the volume and distortion problem. They are no longer under warranty. Will Klipsch be of any help at this point??