KSW 200 died......help?

scott420

I have posted this message in this forum as well as powered subwoofers hoping to connect with someone who would know how to troubleshoot this issue.

I run two KSW 200 subs and noticed tonight that one of them did not turn on through the auto detect setting. I verified the interconnects were secure and even checked the power cord. Seeing everything was connected I tried to switch the power switch from Auto to on and still nothing happened. I verified the fuse was good also.

Seems odd that the indicator lamp glows red for standby mode but never will turn green and power up.

Any suggestions for a possible fix? If this is not user serviceable, any recommendations for where I can get this unit fixed?

Thanks,

Scott

• Klipsch Employees

Scott,

Are the subs hooked up to the same connection on the receiver? If so, and the other sub is still working, the problem is in the one questionable sub.

If the red light is on, it tells us that the power supply is working. You will need to get the sub amp fixed. I can send you a schematic or you can get an RA and return the amp to Klipsch for repair. There is a flat rate for such repair. The RA dept can tell you that price.