Which sub to use?

Caddymania

I am debating about which sub to buy for my HT system which consists of the following:

Yamaha RX-V1 Receiver

Forte II's - Mains

KLF-C7 - Center Channel

SB-2's - Front effects

RB-3's - Rear surrounds

I have been thinking about Klipsch RSW-12 or RSW-15, and would be interested in hearing opinions about either of these, or other options.

I listen to music about 75% of the time, mostly using the DSP modes, and movies about 25%. The room is about 14 x 20, but opens into a breakfast area and kitchen. The ceiling is 8 feet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1.gif

The rsw 12/15 would definately impress you.I have been through a year long sub search and it was my choice as I listen to 90% 2ch/5.1 music.My experience only applies to me and my set up.I can say it was the best I auditioned in my house hands down,it went up against highly rated subs to 2k.I can't give you a lot of audiophile speak,it didn't require any,it just recreated bass/drums the way I like.The price I assume stops many from auditioning.The 12 should be about $900.00,the 15 $1250.00.Also these two need big mains imo,they may overpower some small mains.

I recently made the switch to the SVS PC+ 2039 from the RSW10.

There is another thread discussing this very topic in this forum.

My RSW performed well in the corner but it was being blocked by a recliner and loveseat.

My room is awkward but the SVS seems to do a better job at filling the room with bass.

I thought about upgrading to the RSW12 or 15 but made the decision to go the route of SVS after reading reviews and posts from other happy SVS owners and reading various reviews.

At least look at www.svsubwoofers.com

Happy Listening,

Scott