Check out this minty Mac MC250 (my latest addition)

Audible Nectar

----------------

On 3/6/2003 8:30:15 AM dndphishin wrote:

"OK, finally got the Mac yesterday...

Rega Planet > Mc 250 > Klipsch '76 Cornwalls - just using the gain controls on the Mac.

To quote Dick Enberg,

"OH MY"...
9.gif

----------------

It's seems to me the simplist approach yet to pure musical nirvana is for the 2-channel configuration we both have:

My AMC CD8b > McIntosh MC250 > '79 Klipsch Cornwalls...all I need are those 2 gain controls! Who needs a balance control? Already have it! What about mute? Turn 'em both counter clockwise (or pause on the CD remote). Tone contols? God forbid! I do miss not spinnin' vinyl...when I can get back to work again and save up for a decent tube preamp, I'll buy a new belt drive 'table, and hook up my Nakamichi cassette deck, too!

Then again, this latest 2-channel setup sounds so damn good just as it is (I don't even miss my 15" subwoofer), I may just leave well-enough alone, and let it stay this way (and eventually move it into my formal living room once I purchase longer Orbeck Stratti speaker cables and matching antique end tables/vintage furniture to house these components...it all needs to blend in with the other furniture/antique reed organ/piano/pipe organ console).

I understand you're very pleased with your arrangement, and that another MC250 is on its way! Received your e-mail Dave...were you able to decipher my response to you the other day? Let me know please!