Busted negative terminal while removing woofer

Abuzah

Alright, so I received a defective woofer in my new SB-3's. I was told to remove the woofer and return it, and a new one would be shipped to me. However, those clips were near impossible to remove from the woofer! In the process or removing the negative wire, the clip attached to the wire broke in half. What can I do to connect the wire to the new woofer? I'd really rather not strip it and just tie it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Trey Cannon - Thank you for the offer! I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do as of right now. I've told the company that sold me the speaker about what happened, but have yet to hear a response. Seeing as they told me to remove the woofer, I'm assuming nothing will happen with the warranty. So I'm probably going to see what they say first. If they tell me to fix it myself, I'd have two options. One is to pick up the terminal, but I'm not quite sure how to get it off. Just pull real hard? Or cut the wire at the base? Also, would it be a major problem to just strip it and tie it? I know it wouldn't look that great, but noone's going to see the inside anyways. Thanks fellas.