I just bought my preamp...

synthfreek

congrats! I had a counterpoint SA-5000 (I think it was 5000) for a while after my father handed it down to me after an upgrade and it sounded great! it blew up, but while it worked it sounded great! reading the ad it sounds like this one had a good going over so you should be fine reliability-wise. let us know how it sounds in your system. regards, tony

Hot damn, what a deal...congrats! I almost bought an SA-3 on AudiogoN.com for $475 OBO, but it was all original and needed some work. If I had Mr. Elliott of Alta Vista Audio do a total upgrade package on it, the preamp would've tripled in price, so I backed out before I commited (too rich for my blood at the time).

Are you using the SA-3 for a 2-channel setup?

It's a shame Counterpoint had to close their doors...maybe Mr. Elliott will be tempted to build another preamp or amp again in the near future!

I just threw my payment in the mail this afternoon. I can't wait. My plan is to get rid of my Parasound phono preamp because I'm sure the Counterpoint will be a better performer. I'll also be able to have a separate 2-channel setup(kinda) by avoiding the Outlaw 1050 preamp outs. I have been running those preouts to my Dynaco which was kinda defeating the purpose of having tubes in the first place. I think I'll still use the preouts to amplify the mains during music-related DVDs though.