USB stick music, stuck at 20000 songs, please help

Good Evening,

Got a Shanling EH3 + an USB stick with 3000 album folder, for a total of 38456 songs, but i am stuck at 20000 songs recognized.

Sound amazing, no computer, no spinning and play per album or randomly, but stuck at 20000 songs

At first, 1 folder, 3000 subfolders, and 38456 songs.

Company said, max 20000 songs, standard per folder, but unlimited folder

So now, 3000 folders, and 38456 songs, still not working

What i did wrong?

how to you do to create a usb stick that DAC will recognized all the song?

My portable HiDizz got the same problem, do you know how to tweak it, so all folders are showed, or songs are showed to play all music

my NAD C568, don't like ALAC, any good converter ALAC to FLAC, you would recommend?

i know, it's Old fashion, a streamer or BlueSound will do it, but no random playing per album with Bluesound

Thanks for any help, on this one

regards

Edited by Zink_e
precision

• What-ouatte changed the title to USB stick music, stuck at 20000 songs, please help
12 hours ago, Zink_e said:

Good Evening,

Got a Shanling EH3 + an USB stick with 3000 album folder, for a total of 38456 songs, but i am stuck at 20000 songs recognized.

Sound amazing, no computer, no spinning and play per album or randomly, but stuck at 20000 songs

At first, 1 folder, 3000 subfolders, and 38456 songs.

Company said, max 20000 songs, standard per folder, but unlimited folder

So now, 3000 folders, and 38456 songs, still not working

What i did wrong?

how to you do to create a usb stick that DAC will recognized all the song?

My portable HiDizz got the same problem, do you know how to tweak it, so all folders are showed, or songs are showed to play all music

my NAD C568, don't like ALAC, any good converter ALAC to FLAC, you would recommend?

i know, it's Old fashion, a streamer or BlueSound will do it, but no random playing per album with Bluesound

Thanks for any help, on this one

regards

sounds like a terminology/translation issue -- looks like 20k is simply the max.

btw -- not sure a klipsch forum is the best place to go for help with a shanling product . . . .

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

sounds like a terminology/translation issue -- looks like 20k is simply the max.

btw -- not sure a klipsch forum is the best place to go for help with a shanling product . . . .

seems you're right, USB, stuck at 20k songs!

All sort of ppl in klipsch forum,

BTW, always find help and right guidance here, compare to others expert forum, but thanks.

Edited by Zink_e
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

after searching for info, it appear that most digital audio player are stuck at 20,000 songs in USB card drive

And all home device that are not using android in their device, have simply build bigger better audio player that use the same software as pocket audio player

The solution that I found to bring with me, my music in my car is to replace my HDD for an SSD drive in my iPod classic.

and use ipod docking to a dac for home listening

with a new ssd 512g i could bring my 40000 songs anywhere

And for strange reason, the USB recognize the iPod in my car and now all my steering control work

And if I go for a walk, I got all my music with me no fuss finding Wi-Fi or some connection for streaming via Internet

Best listening all

And good evening

Ps

also kid found an old lg6+ phone have HiFi option and take 1t memory cards (working on it) so you could use it as a DAP!

But you could not use them as a phone since they are the worst for analog communication! Only good for texting and listening music

• Like 1