CF 4 - how do you passively reduce the Horns output ??

ka7niq

I have CF 4 speakers, the originals with 5 inch ports, version 1, and also have CF 3 version 2 w/ 3" ports.

I am in a very small room, and on the better recordings, the CF 4 is wonderful, but it is voiced for a much larger space.

Is it possible, and if so, HOW, to place a resistor across the horns Bi wire terminals, or should I go into the crossover, and if so, WHICH resistor do I change ?

I have tried using a 4 channel amp w/ level controls, and this allowed me to do this electronically by adjusting the level of the amp channels hooked to the horn in a bi wire mode.

IF I simply threw a resistor across the bi wire terminals of the horn in the single amp mode, would that do the trick, or would it change the crossover point ?

Thanks for looking

----------------

On 2/24/2003 5:53:40 PM Ray Garrison wrote:

I'd try mailing Al K. and tell him exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish. He might have a suggestion, though I dougt he's had any experience with that crossover.

----------------

Klipsch hasnt been much help either, it seems their engineering notes leave a bit to be desired !

I can do what I want using bi amping w/level controlled amps on the horns, but that adds unneeded complexity.

I want to get a big screen, and I dont have room on top of big screen for a bunch of amps, etc.

The CF 4's are a wonderful speaker, if the recording is wonderful, in a large room.

They will float a wonderful soundstage, but they are voiced for a big room sitting far away.

I now live in a small apartment, and just need to temporarily re voice them to better make them fit my less than optimum living arrangement.