what to get for surrounds? Help!

wallmount

Ok, I have a question for you all: Just bought the Rf5's and RC3II. I am looking to purchase the RS3II's. My question is, for 7.1 are four of the RS3II's too mutch "difuse" sound, or should I go with two RS3II's and two RB5II's? An advise would be appreciatd.

wallmount,

The answer to your question depends on two things IMO. First, movies would benefit from 4 RS-3s. Music, especially DVD-A and SACD, would benefit from the 2 RB-5s. Second, your room size and layout has an impact on speaker selection.

Bill

Four RS-3II's, or if you can wait a bit, four RS-35's, which appear to be very similar. I think these would be ideal for your system with movies AND music. (When's the last time you went to a concert where the band played behind you???)

If the industry persists with this notion that different speaker set-ups are needed with music than with movies, and that you really must have five or seven identical, full-size speakers for multi-channel music, all they will accomplish is to delay or even stop the acceptance of SACD and/or DVD-A into the mass market. 'Cause most people just ain't gonna do it!

the new Ref35 series is projected to be available, by my local store, April. but then he went on to tell me that the warehouse has started to receive them but want to move the old series first. The inventory at Tweeter is rapidly depleting and this store, I assume, wants to hold out as long as possible for tweeter to be out of stock to get as close to MSRP as possible before introducing the new product line.