Are these speakers shielded?

PaulinLA

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

No, no...the subwoofer is NO WAY near anything.

I am just talking about the smaller front speakers.

So those are shielded and are safe to put near or on top of external hard drives?

Thanks again,

Paul

Yes, It seems like all the speakers are sheilded, but the control pod is not. Normally a cellphone will cause all kind of noise in a speaker system of almost any kind, with my promedia's, I hear nothing, even holding the phone next to the speakers, The only time I hear hiss from a phone is on the Front Right with the control pod, in which I hear the hiss on all the speakers (so, it's the output of the control pod)

Also, yes both my front speakers are on either side of my 2 moniters, and they do shake quite a bit with REALLY loud music..(Not to mention that it draws so much current that my lights dim just a bit when the bass hits)

Looks like I've got this 20A circuit just about maxed...

----------------

On 3/9/2003 3:20:20 PM kd5ftn wrote:

Yes, It seems like all the speakers are sheilded, but the control pod is not. Normally a cellphone will cause all kind of noise in a speaker system of almost any kind, with my promedia's, I hear nothing, even holding the phone next to the speakers, The only time I hear hiss from a phone is on the Front Right with the control pod, in which I hear the hiss on all the speakers (so, it's the output of the control pod)

Also, yes both my front speakers are on either side of my 2 moniters, and they do shake quite a bit with REALLY loud music..(Not to mention that it draws so much current that my lights dim just a bit when the bass hits)

Looks like I've got this 20A circuit just about maxed...
----------------

I don't think you understand what sheilding does... The sheilding is Klipsch putting bucking magnets onto the back of the drivers' magnets to counter their magnetic fields. It does NOTHING for cellphones, cordless phones, radios etc etc. Cellphones don't even work on teh same frequency so there is no reason for you to get interference from a cellphone. Radio's and other high power electronics CAN cause problems, but that is very preventable, but nothing to do with the system being sheilded.

yes, it is the high SPL that causes the cathode ray tubes to shake and that is why the image gets distorted some times.

the v2.400's did not have a problem with sheilding. i recall 1 to 2 sets with a shielding problem, but it was an easy fix, klipsch sent them a new satellite.