Surround matching w/ KG3.5 and KSF-C5

pgregg

I now have a dedicated room for home theater so I'm trying to finish out my system. Unfortunately, I've purchased speakers over the last few years and I'm concerned about pitch problems due to tone differences.

Currently I have:

Front left and right: KG 3.5

Front center: KSF-C5

Rear: none

Sub: none

Questions:

1. Am I already too far off with my KG 3.5s and my KSF-C5?

2. If not, what do you recommend I buy for my rear speakers?

3. If so, what is most important to replace first?

Thanks,

Preston

pgregg,

I too have KG-3.5 for front speakers.

I am using a KSC-C1 center (OK match).

I am using SS-1's for surrounds (perfectly fine!).

As you'll hear on this BB from time to time...Timbre matching in the rear channels is not as critical as in the front soundstage.

However...you could still purcase another pair of KG-3.5's if you were so inclined...check ubid or even your local Klipsch dealer...I've seen the KG-3.5's selling at pretty cheap prices.

BTW...the matching chart on this site only lists the best CURRENTLY AVAILABLE MATCH to your front speakers. I believe the best match would be either a KV-1 or KV-2. Don't worry about what all the experts tell you...listen for yourself...many of the new disks supply test tones...give'em a listen and see if you like the match.

Good Luck

Dave

pgregg,oh yeah,I have a KV-2 (black satin)also. smile.gif

Keith

One other thing pg.The KSFC5 and the KV1/KV2 are not even close as comparables.That is in actual listening environments.Although I'm no

expert,I have listened to both extensively.In

fact I have one of each now.IMO,your choices are either KV3,KLFC5,or the matching chart recommendation.Good luck with your choice.

The KSF S5's rears would be a perfect match to that center. I have them with my Legends and they do a nice job.

They say that the front 3 are the most important to match and the rears less important. You are already off so I would say you have a couple of choices,

1. Sell your center and hunt down the matching center and rears to your mains.

2. Add the S5's and have a descent match between front and rear for movies as most the info is routed through the center anyway.

3. Buy something else from yet another line and have no match anywhere.

4 Sell it all and start over.