How do I get a more punchy thump from my KSW-10?

As you can see from my profile, I have the Quintets w/ the KSW-10 sub. I've played the drums since I was ten years old and have grown to love the punchy, deep boom of a bass drum. However, as much as I love my Klipsch system, the KSW-10 gives a very mushy, non-solid bass. Naturally, room acoustics will play a major role in the sound of the sub. I have the low pass on the KSW-10 pretty high. Query: is this wrong? Should it be much lower, especially w/ such small satellites? I welcome any thoughts on this issue and thanks so much in advance for your help.

----------------

On 3/15/2003 3:44:50 PM Jabez Scratch wrote:

Naturally, room acoustics will play a major role in the sound of the sub.

----------------

Yea, your room size and placement of the sub with will greatly influence the bass impact you receive. You can place the sub in a good corner of the room, walk or crawl (no joke) around the room to get a sense of where the bass has the most impact..mark that spot and place the sub in that location.

If you are still not pleased after experimentation with placement, it's time to look for a more adequate sub.

Wes