What happened to the 4.1s??

pinipig523

I cant find it on sale on the site anymore...

Its not in their promedia store and although the 4.1 page can still be accessed via the klipsch home (main) page, under the promedia bar), it doesnt appear that it can be bought. I clicked on "buy now" and the page after says "product not found"...

could it be that klipsch phased out the 4.1s??

say it aint so, say it aint so....8.gif

I think they did, the market is going after 2.1 and 5.1's. Besides although I love my 4.1's, the 4.1 subwoofer was Klipsch's worst hour. Although the thing had some kick to it and went pretty low, at any decent volume with notes under 40-45hz the port being so small, gets hammered and not only does the subwoofer lose 3db, but the sound is really nasty. it's like, whats the point of having the sub go down to 30hz if the port can't take it.

yup, thats right the 4.1s are not only out of stock they have also been out of production since atleast 5/5/02.... atleast thats when i got to know of it. Anyways if you are planning to buy a set for yourself then 2.1s are the way to go!!!. However i won't recommend the 5.1s for alteast the time being due to it's faulty amp and we are still not 100% sure if it has been fixed. By the way you would never regret buying the 2.1s...

It's ebay, believe me I could. When I needed some money, i've sold stuff almost twice the asking price and people has bought it with no complants. Besides 4.1's will become more harder to find, and many people still love the 4.1's. Even if I wanted to sell them now $200 is not unreasonable, since I haven't had them long at all.

----------------

On 3/16/2003 12:03:11 PM InnovaZero wrote:

It's ebay, believe me I could. When I needed some money, i've sold stuff almost twice the asking price and people has bought it with no complants. Besides 4.1's will become more harder to find, and many people still love the 4.1's. Even if I wanted to sell them now $200 is not unreasonable, since I haven't had them long at all.

----------------

where I live, bestbuy's still selling the 4.1s for $180. I guess it's not available to all states, and I know there are some idiots out there willing pay that kinda money for a used speaker system. I once sold my old soundblaster PCI514 through a friend for $50 was it.... the thing is, I asked for half3.gif I guess my friend got creative since I was giving him a commission. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

What to do? What to do? I'm in the market for new speakers. I currently have junk 2.1s. With the 4.1s being phased out, what would you guys get?

1) Still find the 4.1s(even w/all the probs I hear)

2) PM 2.1s

3) Logitech z560

4) Logitech z680

5) Anything else(about 300 or under)

this is how i would do it....

4.1 and 680s are tied for my first choice.

no need for the 2.1s, and definitely not the 560s.

so heres what u need to ask urself...

do u like the sound of the 2.1s? if u do, then go for the 4.1s - u wont be disappointed. if u dont mind losing some highs, but gaining some bass? if so then go for the 680s.

actually, u need to include the 4.2s as part of ur possible speakers selection. the 4.2s have much more bass than the 4.1s and u still get to keep the great sound.