Back in the saddle again

davmar

Thats what I get for tilting the speaker forward and reading it upside down with low light levels, it is the VR 2000. And when I went to the web site it is not listed for a manual that I didnt get when I also picked up these speakers for $700. I have known this guy for three years and they were in his living room and I never heard them till one day I come over and he is playing them, and asks for $900 for them and a modified Dynaco PAT 5.

The last time I had a real stereo was when a friend talked me (and it was not hard) into building a Dynaco ST 70, The PAT 5 and hooking them up to Fulton 80 speakers in the mid 70,s All I have of that is the turntable I also bought then, a Transcriptor Saturn turntable with the Vestigial arm.

I hooked the Dynaco up to a Crown DC 300 I had laying around and there was something wrong with one of the channels so I decided to get a tube amp, I ended buying a Manly Stingray from some guy on Audio web, as it turns out the guy I bought it from is a member here and I see none of you were dumb enough to buy it from him. (just joking Jeff)

The only two corners that I have available as it is a living kit combo with the living being the top of the L which is 14 feet across. I have other electronics in one of those corners (the top left). Now I am thinking about putting one speaker where my Sony 21 inch Trin that I won from KOOL cigarettes including a Home surround system.

Thus the quandary: Can I put a speaker in the corner and place the flat screen on top of it? I cant believe how large those speakers are?

Should I place the speakers AGAINST the wall or catty corner?

Like I said I have been using a boom box, a Sony md-90 for five years, and with the Fultons I used they were on a pedestals, do I want the La Scalas on the floor or up a foot or so?

Not to mention the RV2000 Mystery product, it has a line in and also has speaker jacks for banana plugs. It also has crossover levels and a variable input RCA jack.

My thinking is to hook up This NAD T 531 DVD player which is playing the POWAQQATSI DVD pretty well on the La Scala stingray combo trying out the Boston mystery product ON the right speaker, if I dont like it I will use it as the center speaker to the home theater system.

I know that is allot to ask, but from seeing what the phrase YOU MUST BE JOKING invokes I think you have the mettle for it.

I thank in advance!

Davmar,

Another member sent me this link- hope this helps answer your question........http://65.54.244.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=cfa6291a5b33ed73c011a3f6af916093&lat=1047847875&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eepinions%2ecom%2felec_Home_Speakers%2dSubwoofers_Boston_Acoustics_Lynnfield%2dBoston_Acoustics_VR2000%2fdisplay_%7ereviews