Updating Yamaha DSP A-1 to 6.1

tljraj

quote:

Originally posted by tljraj:

Does anyone have any info on a rear center channel for a Yamaha integrated Amp. User manual says that it can support one, but doesn't offer any more info? Looking at the back I don't have an understanding of the situation.

I believe that the DSP-A1 does not support a rear channel center speaker they do however support two center speakers in front.

But I will have a closer look to it and if I find anything new I will come back to you.

Question for you did you try to learn the remote control some new commands. It goes every time wrong for me. And the manual is not quit clear on that part either. I think that Yamaha thought we gave them enough quality with the DSP-A1 let's not bother to make a good and easy to read manual. smile.gif

After a quick look at their web site and the back panel of the amp, I wonder if they are suggesting you create the rear center channel by passing the line-level rear output through an external Dolby ProLogic processor/amp, then on to the speakers, creating a "matrixed" center rear channel? I dunno...

• 4 weeks later...