wow, this forum is dead.

prodj101

well, eitherway, maybe someone can help me how important do you guys think it is to add an additional fan on my graphics card (to be ATI Radeon 9800) when it gets here coming off the side or something? currently my comp runs very cold, and is never even luke warm to the touch. should I be worried at all?

Not at all,the 9500/9700PRO cards run warm to the touch.Nothing to worry about,the 9800PRO will not run much warmer,the new improved heatsink will take care of any heat from the GPU.

The 9800 is one heck of a 3D monster,unlike the sunlike hot Nvidiot ready 5800 with its leaf blower.

it's nice to see someone finally give nvidia a run for their money.

i'm sure nvidia will come back with some temporarily superiour video card and naturally ati will follow suite. isn't competition nice? 1.gif

as long as the two keep trying to outdo each other, we (consumers) have only to gain some new and wonderful soundcards. ;)

I guess if you consider "quite some time" to be about 6 months. Now back in the day ATI was the leading graphics card maker, and I beleive they still hold the title for notebooks. But When nVidia came along with their TNT2's and GeForce cards, nVidia took the sales and power lead. Of course to start with VooDoo had the lead, but they weren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed, and nVidia bought them out before their monster 4 GPU card came out. nVidia has led the scene since I believe 1999, of course ATI would do alittle better, then nVidia would throw the next best thing out there. This of course went on until the Radeon 9700 when ATI took a commanding lead (in performance) and hasn't looked back. Even the GeForce FX can't beat the new 9800. And The FX was just released. I think these next few months could get interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

The ti series of Nvidia cards are AWEOMSE! Their new Gefore4 ti4600 128 MB card is pretty damn awesome, as well as their brand new UBER-GRAPHICS CARD, the GeforceFX. The new cards have pretty well designed heat sinks and you don't need an additional one, unless you like to overclock.

I don't mean to insult, but gamers don't have brand loyalty. Of course, I don't blame them. After all, they are after the latest and greatest.

Anyway, the lead that nvidia had with their tnt's and the geforce cards is MUCH longer than ati has had the lead with the 9700 and on cards. come on, i don't think nvidia is going to be sitting by idley sooner or later they'll release a videocard that will wipe the floor with ati's. i hope they do! i also hope that ati releases another card then to beat nvidia. i want competition so these absurd high costs of video cards go down.