RSW-12 or 15?

Professor.Ham.Slap

I need to purchase a subwoofer for my system and I want a member of the RSW series. I'm running two cornwalls for mains, two heresys in parallel for center and rs-7's for surrounds. To begin with, would the RSW-12 be powerful enough for my system or should I save for RSW-15. Or if anyone can suggest better subs at a comperable price it would also be welcomed. Any input would be appreciated.

I can't really give you any sound advice as I have never heard hersheys or cornwalls, but I can tell you this.

I have both a RSW-12 and a RSW-15. Both are FINE subs. The 15 is obviously more powerful that the 12. I purchased the 12 before the 15. I was quit happy with the 12, I only purchased the 15 for curiosity sake. However, that being said, I will not be giving up my 15 any time soon.

So, I would suggest trying the 12. It costs less and I think you will be very pleased with it. If you think you need more, then get the 15.

Hope this helps. 1.gif

I think your usage habits should guide your decision making.

If you primarily play music, the 12 or the 15 RSW would be a great choice. From having had the 12 at one time it is plenty for music. The 15 does have a bit more low bass extension with more output, but only really on bass heavy rap have I noticed the benefit. I'm sure certain classical music could benefit from the 15 extension as well, but for 99% of your music either one would work very well.

For HT, I think it's a different story. I've used the complete RSW series and have been happy with their performance in HT, but they are by no means the ultimate in ultra low bass. Besides the RSW's, the favorite HT sub on here from my reading is the SVS series. I don't doubt their performance capabiilities, but from an esthetic standpoint they're not my cup of tea. The only sub I have on my radar is the HGS-18 Velodyne. My local Tweeter dealer has advised me that they will be carrying them shortly.

I'm sure you'll get more info/suggestions once theEars sees your post.

~shoe

Yeah I see the post,sure

Well the RSW15 can give you more RSW12 goodness,higher SPL and extends...a tiny bit deeper.

If you like your music loud and clear and have a larger room then do not even go for anything under the RSW15.

Also if deeper,louder is on the menu the Sunfire Signature will go deeper and really shake the foundation.All this while not even the size of a RSW10!

Another consideration in box subs is the Velodyne SPL1200,goes quite deepa and has some good output,Sunfire sized.

One SVS Ultra/Samson 1000 would also be on my list.A top performer,its the most powerful sub in this price range but its also the largest and by a good deal.