Need 2-chn for a pair kg 3.5's

Todd76

Here's the deal. I've had a pair of kg 3.5's for 7 years now. One of my old roommates had an Adcom 5400 so they were powered by that for a while. Now that we've gone our different ways, I'm ready to buy another amp. I want to upgrade though. I've been researching the last few weeks and I've come down to this: I listen to mostly alternative/hard rock and electonica so I don't think a tube would fit me well at this point. I was going get an adcom 555 before I decided to spend more. I think I've got it narrowed down to either an Anthem 2 integrated, or some sort of Aragon. I really want the Aragon because I heard they sound awesome on Klipschs. But...... I don't have a true preamp and don't think I can afford to buy the Aragon and a preamp. Which one do ya'll think would sound better? What if I bought the Aragon hooked it up straight from the Yamaha and got a preamp later? Or might it be better to go with the Anthem 2 and tube preamp from the start? Any ideas or suggestions?

a great match for klipsch are the used carver amps that are available on ebay.....i have a carver M400t running my KLF-30's and the sound is awesome....

maybe not as good as amps in the $2000 range, but i only paid $230 for the carver....

there is a recent thread that i had started concerning carver and klipsch....more than a few people commented on how this match-up..

here's the thread....

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=32415&forumID=74&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={FEAE8B88-BD01-4F95-B30F-39E34E645759}

Ah... the wonderful world of audio. You can buy great equipment, yet still have buyer's remorse following nealry any audio-related purchase.

If you're committed to the world of separates, than spending your money wisely in that arena is the way to go. You can start out with some reasonably priced, use electronics and upgrade over time.

NAD makes some great gear, and it has held its price fairly well on the used market for a good reason. There are a few folks here driving their Klipsch with NAD 2200 amps that are very pleased. You can get into one of these for about $250, and find a decent NAD preamp for 1/2 that price, and you're set for another 10 years.

Once you get your feet wet in separates, it can be easier to upgrade over time when the bug hits.

Ok, I've got it narrowed down to two amps. I would like to know which one would be the best way to go. I can get a Aragon 2004MkII or an Antherm 2 Integrated. I want the Aragon because I hear how good they sound on Klipschs, but I wouldn't be using a preamp for it at first. I would just be hooking it up the the Yamaha. Plus I can get it cheaper. The Anthem is more, but it has the tube preamp built in. I previously used an Adcom 5400 that was hooked straight up to the receiver and it worked fairly well. I don't know what either of these amps will sound like though. The Aragon straight(could get a preamp later) or the Anthem 2 with preamp already? Thanks.