KSF series/RF-3II Series

KaraL

Hi all,

I recently inherited (actually was left with) a klipsch KSF-10.5, c5, s5, ksw-12 system from my younger brother. He went away to college didn't want to lug everything with him so here I am with it. My question is, I was going to purchase the RF-3II system merely off of reviews from internet audioreview sites. Since I got this system at no cost to me would it be worth it to spend the money on an RF system? My next question is......Does anyone know the sound comparison between these two? Is there that much of a difference? The salespersons I've spoken with so far seem to be trying to sell me everything they can't get rid of, on clearance, or very expensive; One even tryed to sell me the lifestyle 28 (If my brother taught me one thing before he left it was stay away from Bose). I'd like to hear any klipsch owners advice, thanx

-Kara

I think the KSF speakers are great. You are lucky to have the SS5s (surrounds) I wish I had a pair.

I have listened to the RF3s and they are brighter in tone - a little more harsher , if you will, on the treble.

I do not like the "floating" grill cover. They are difficult to remove and replace and the prongs break easily.

I too thought about upgrading, but after listening to the RF3s decided it was not worth the additional investment over what I already had.

Remember, some people still have and will not part with their 20 year old Heresy speakers.

• 2 weeks later...