Pre-amp rec

wireless

I've decided that instead of selling my Forte's, that I'll create a separate two-channel system using my Yamaha two-channel amp.

The amp is from the late 80's and has 160 watts per. I have a matching pre-amp but it's operation became flakey after being lightning struck.

I was wondering if some of you would provide recommendations on a replacement pre-amp - preferably something I could buy on E-bay at a reasonable price?

-David

After checking on ebay I see that there are a fair number of Yamaha c-xx preamps available. I'm going to pick one up and it'll go with my Yamaha c-60 amp.

I guess the only decision is what kind of CD player to buy. I've noticed some of the new players play mp3's and CD-rw and last but maybe not least sacd. I've seem some good deals on techbargains for these players.

Since the preamp won't have decoding ability it needs to do it in the player. I'm not planning on spending a whole lot on one - a couple hundred I guess.

Any suggestions? To my ears vinyl is clearly better but I sold both of my turntables and 750 albums and I'm not going back that route. CDs are more convenient in every way.

-David