Matching Surrounds w/ KG4s?

punch1

Hello again and thanks for everyones help so far. The system is coming together and I really enjoy it.

My next possible purchase will be for rear surround sound speakers. Right now I have the KG4s up front with a KV3 in the middle. I do have a set of older KG2s that are lying around and they would probaby be suitable for the rears, but there is a problem with mounting them to the ceiling. They are also quite large for surrounds and it'll be tough to make them work.

What other options are out there? What would you recommend keeping in mind that my only option is to mount them on a rear wall near the ceiling or from the ceiling itself? Thanks again everyone!

Pat

I used SS-1 speakers for my rears when I had KG4s in my HT. They were mounted to the ceiling using 3" wood screws set into ceiling joists, and the keyhole mounts on the back of the speakers. Probably not endorsed by Klipsch for safety and liability reasons, but no one's been hurt by them yet :)

DD

I love the unit. NAD didn't spend money on extra DSPs and put it elsewhere in the unit. That works for me because I pretty much listen to two-channel audio and then the DTS, if available, or otherwise 5.1 DVD movies. I never was a HALL, Stadium, etc fan. So that may be a consideration for you. They do offer their EARS dsp which I like.

I always liked NAD and thought they gave you pretty good bang for their buck. They had a period mabe during the mid-1990's where they had some trouble and quality control problems with some of their stuff, but I understand it has long since been corrected and they are now living up to their reputation again. Before your drop $1000 or so, check it out though if possible.

Pat