denon 3803 and rf-5s set-up help?

spuntech

I am building a music/HT system from scratch (one item at a time) . I have just picked up a pair of RF-5s for my fronts to be driven by my new 3803 denon receiver and my denon 900 dvd/cd player. I am using 10' lengths of monster standard speaker wire and 2 M500sv 1 meter, as well as monster idl 100coax for the digital sound. I am hoping some one with a similar set up could give me pointers on maximizing my potential with these. furthermore I have locked in an excellent price for a pair of rs-7s, an RC-7 and a RSW-12 with a layaway. does anyone have expirence with those and the 3803? suggestions on speaker wire and or sub-woffer interconnect? thank you in advance for your time. 3.gif DR. benway

Well, you are going to have a great set up,the 3803 and Klipsch are a very good match.The rc7 is one of the best centers I have heard and the rs7's also very good,the rsw 12 also impressive.Use 12 or 14 guage ofc.(biwire optional),good middle quality ic's(monster etcc.),at least a good basic surge protect.The closer to the corner,the better your speakers should sound,experiment with sub placement from corner out.Calibrate system with spl meter and enjoy!

I agree with Fish. Denon and Klipsch go very well together. I have a Denon AVR-3600 driving a pair of Klipsch KG5.5 speakers.

As far as surrounds go, I would rather have as close to matching speakers all around as I could. Maybe look into another pair of RF-5s if your budget/living space permits. This would be ideal if you look into getting into multi-channel formats like DVD-Audio and/or SACD.

I wouldn't go lower than 16 gauge cable for speaker wire. I use 12 gauge in my system. I use Radioshacks flatwire for the surrounds. It is a bit tricky to strip due to its flat design, but I like the idea of not having any "humps" in my floor rugs.

For sub cables, I have a couple of friends that have had great results using RG-6 (like for DirecTV and/or Dish Network) cable using RCA adapters.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

to FISH and YESFAN70 thanks for your responses i appriciate the suggestions. I moved them to the corners as suggested and that did help alot. so far i am very pleased with my RF-5s. this is my first klipsch purchase and they sound much better than they did in the store. YESFAN70 I have been thinking about another set of RF-5s, i can't decide. thanks for your time.