Bad Speaker Wire - How to replace?

Cheerdude

Hi all..

I just installed the CP-1 upgrade to the v2.400 . In doing this, I noticed that my rear right speaker was bad. I could hear some sound... but definitely not as much as the left rear... and definitely not usable.

I changed speakers.. and got the same result. I also changed speaker wires from left to right (to rule out that the amp plugs were bad).

So - how do you replace these wires? Is it as simple as cut off the soldered end and strip and twist? Or can I get some new pre-made wire from somewhere? (I don't have a soldering kit available)

Thanks,

Jeff

same here, i want to be able to use 16 gauge speaker wires. how do i go about doing this? i just installed the cp-1 i can definitely see a difference in performance. now for the 16 gauge speaker wires, someone please inform me on how to do this. i checked at radio shack, the ppl there are so ridiculously dum, they dont know what soldering is. well i dont either hehe but still they work there they should. can someone put up instructions on how this is done and with what tools. deeply appreciated. thanks

bulgoogy, just stick all the wires in? wouldn't that not be too safe? shouldn't there be some screw on that sticks the wire in? i seen some 1/4" plugs that are like that but none that are 1/8". if the wire suddenly slips out, speakers can be blown. let me know man. thanks