trade in and new pricing for RF3's and RF7's

netnut

I want to trade in year 1999 speakers (two RF-3'S)(two RS-3'S)(one RC-3)not trading in a sub,to my dealer.I bought them from him.I want to buy from my dealer:two RF-7's...two RS-7's...and one RC-7.I'm not buying a new sub.How much should I get for my trade in? How mich should I pay for the 7's?.He initially offered me $800 then went to $1100 for my trade in.He said he would sell me the 7]s for $3350

----------------

On 4/23/2003 9:53:51 AM netnut wrote:

I want to trade in year 1999 speakers (two RF-3'S)(two RS-3'S)(one RC-3)not trading in a sub,to my dealer.I bought them from him.I want to buy from my dealer:two RF-7's...two RS-7's...and one RC-7.I'm not buying a new sub.How much should I get for my trade in? How mich should I pay for the 7's?.He initially offered me $800 then went to $1100 for my trade in.He said he would sell me the 7]s for $3550

----------------

Go to ebay and see what used R3s go for. That should give you a good indication if the price is right on the buyback.

If after the trade in the price difference is $2450.00 then I think it's a good price. But that's just me. If you consider list price for all these would cost you WELL over that, yeah, I think your doing good at $2450

These may not be completey accurate, but as best as I can recall the Tweeter clearance prices on the 3 series went something like this:

$650 RF-3's

$350 RS-3's

$250 RC-3

So roughly $1250 for a new 3 setup. Now if he's giving you around $1100 for your gear which has some mileage on it, I'd say that's pretty decent.

Then your new 7 gear at straight MSRP would be $3700 assuming the black ash finish:

$1999 RF-7's

$799 RC-7

$899 RS-7's

So $3550 for the 7's isn't that great a discount, but I'm with m00n in that if you can pull the difference for $2450 it's still a good deal.

~shoe